Food is a big part of our life and especially our training plans. We like to indulge for sure but we make sure we are getting the protein, the carbs, the fat and the nutrients we need to stay strong, injury free runners.
Here are our favorite foods:
- Quinoa with brown sugar and cinnamon - complete source of protein
- English muffin with a nut butter.
- Banana (with or without a nut butter).
- Smoothie with banana & vanilla protein powder (smoothies are great post workout foods).
- Smoothies with banana, spinach, blueberries & vanilla protein powder.
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows from Vineapple Cafe in Brooklyn.
- Cherry Pie lara bars - we take these with us everywhere we go.
- Homemade granola (we use sea salt, dried cherries and cranberries) - add yogurt for more protein.
- Brussel sprouts - fights inflammation & helps lower cholesterol (Bocca Lupo in Brooklyn makes our favorite).
- Veda bars made by our awesome Ayurvedic doctor and friend, Deacon Carpenter.
- Ginger tea with lemon - morning, noon and night & helps ward off sickness.
- Fruit Strips - quick snack for on-the-go.
- Chia pudding - great sweet treat & a source of good carbs & protein!