Signing up for a race is a great way to hold yourself accountable, stay on track, test your strength, stamina and endurance and experience the adrenalin rush of competition! We race a handful of times throughout the year for just those reasons AND to have fun!
We've run races from 1 to 200 miles throughout our running careers. Not all have been that great, however. What makes a great race? To us, a number of factors - race organization, the course, post race atmosphere and logistics (getting to/from the start/finish).
Here are the races that we've loved and highly recommend:
- Eugene Marathon - great atmosphere, beautiful course and you end on Hayward Field - home to some of the best athletes in the world.
- Boston Marathon - you're psyched you qualified and you are running on one of the most historic courses ever.
- New York City Marathon - you will feel like a rockstar for the entire 26.2 miles.
- Great Cow Harbor 10k - fun, fun atmosphere and the best post race food we've ever seen.
- Buenos Aires Marathon - the best tour of Buenos Aires!
- Battle of Brooklyn (relay) - get two friends and race around Prospect Park in this fun, easy relay.
- Hood to Coast - the mother of all races - 200 miles from Mt. Hood to Seaside, Oregon with 11 of your friends. You've never raced this this before!
What are your favorite races and why? We are always looking for new races. Share your favorites with us!