For all the visual learners out there, we recorded videos explaining four of the more complicated Abcember exercises to help you through the final week of 2011. Look forward to lots more videos in 2012 . . . and excuses for six pack abs.
- Start in the push up plank position with abs tight and arms straight. Hands shoulder-width apart and wrists under your shoulders.
- Bend left arm to bring the elbow and forearm to the ground.
- Bring right arm down so you are in plank position with your forearms on the ground (elbows on the ground directly under your shoulders.
- Push back up to the start position with left & then right arm. Repeat lowering the right side first. Alternate lowering and raising your arms for 30 seconds working up to 1 minute.
- Start standing and bring your arms to the ground in front of your feet bending only at the hips - keep your legs and back straight.
- Walk your hands out in front of you until you are in push up plank position with your arms straight, hands shoulder-width apart, abs tights and back straight.
- Bend right knee up towards your right elbow, trying to touch your knee to the outside of your elbow - your shins should remain parallel to the ground. Repeat on the left side.
- Walk your hands back to your feet bending at the hips with legs and back remaining straight.
- Stand upright and raise your arms above your head.
- Repeat for 1 minute.
- Kneel on all fours with back flat and wrists under your shoulders. Extend the left arm and right leg out.
- Squeeze your abs as you bring left elbow and right knee together under your torso. Curl your back up as you bring them in.
- Hold for 3 seconds in both extended out and crunched in positions. Repeat one side for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
- Sit with your knees bent and feet a few inches off the floor (modified: leave your feet on the floor).
- Keeping your back straight, lean back until your abs burn.
- Clasp your hands together and bring your arms straight out touching the ground outside of your right hip with your hands.
- Rotate through the upper body to bring your hands up over the opposite shoulder, then down to the same hip, and repeat. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch to other side for 30 seconds.
- Keep head facing forward and back straight throughout the entire exercise.