We've compiled a list of our favorite running items as a little gift to all of you this holiday season. These are the items we consistenly reach for when heading out for a run and/or workout or what we use to stay injury free throughout training. No matter what the runner in your life is training for - from a 5k to a marathon - we think they will love the items on this list. Use it as a shopping guide for that special runner in your life, or even better, use it for yourself!
1. Trigger Point Tools -We can't say enough about the tools this company creates. We love their foam roller, called The Grid, and are newly in love with their Ultimate 6 Kit.
2. The No Show Ultimate Sock - Great stocking item. We love them because they stay put, out of sight and wick away the sweat.
3. Gym Boss - Perfect stocking stuffer for the newbie runner and the workout fanatic. You can set walk/run intervals which is great for the person just starting to run. Easy to use and clips onto your clothes.
4. lululemon Cool Racer Tank - We wear this year round and it's great for all types of working out. Layer it in the winter or use it as a cute running top in the summer. Loads of colors - we recommend anything bright!
5. The Stick - This is every runner's best friend. We love running relays (Ragnar Relay and Hood to Coast) and this little guy is a must have item because it's easy to pack and is the best self massage tool available. We recommend the Marathon Stick.
6. Melt Balls - Another awesome recovery tool for runners. It's like giving your feet a massage. Use it pre and post run to keep feet healthy and happy! Your feet will thank you.
7. Make a Break Jacket - Besides being extremely cute, it's water repellent, light (perfect for layering), has a hood, reflective detail for low light visibility and did we mention it's cute and flattering? Buy it in red, 'tis the season!
8. Garmin - We recommend the 610 for the serious runner who loves to track everything. The Forerunner 10, 210 and 410 have less features but do what all runners need - pace and distance. Garmin uses satellites to track your distance and pace. Your runner will no longer be beholden to the exact route they pre-planned. (whichever one - good for what)
9. Yoga classes - Most runners don't stretch enough. Yoga is a perfect excuse to stretch and allow your achey runner muscles to elongate, relax and recovery. If you are in New York City or Brooklyn area, we recommend sending your runner to Mala. Find a studio that offers basic and/or classes geared specifically for runners.
10. The gift of running - Give yourself or your runner one of our training programs or personal sessions. We offer gift certificates! Contact us to purchase your loved one the gift of running.