We don't stop running just because it's hot and humid (although it does slow us down!) We dress differently, take different precautions, use A LOT of sunscreen and enjoy it! Below are our summer running essentials. See you out there!
Sunglasses - look for glasses that are lightweight and comfortable, offers UV protection and stays clear of condensation. We are fans of Oakley Sport sunglasses. We don't have a link to the sunglasses we wear because we got them at the Outlet! :)
Nike Featherweight Tennis Hat - you've heard us preach the wonders of this hat. we love it because it keeps our head safe from the sun yet lightweight enough to not feel heavy or annoying.
Nuun Tablets - We use their Active Hydration tablets for pre and post workout hydration. These tablets are packed with electrolytes and contain no sugar or carbs. Plus, they are easy to carry - throw them in your bag for a little boost throughout your day.
- Ocean Potion Clear Zinc Oxide Face Potion SPF 45 - goes on clear and protects the skin against both UVA and UVB sun rays
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum -Meghan likes it because it's dry-touch and doesn't leave an oily feeling on your skin. She uses SPF 70.
- Merrell Afton Shorts - great for those hot, humid days. The fabric is soft, stretchy polyester and elastane fabric with quick-drying, moisture-wicking technology. The waistband is wide and elasticized with an adjustable tie. And there's a zip pocket on the side.
- lululemon Swiftly Tech Racerback - lightweight, moisture wicking fabric made of seamless Silverescent fabric.
- lululemon Speed Shorts - lightweight and fun colors! We both love this short because of the wide, comfty waistband (with a pocket and a secure tie on the inside) and the fun colors. If we were stranded on a desert island, we'd want these shorts!
- Trigger Point GRID Foam Roller - It's easy to stop stretching after runs in the summer because you are so sweaty. Do our stretches for the busy runner and then, after you shower, use the GRID.
- Koss Headphones - two reasons we love these - the cord doesn't tangle and there are different size ear buds.
- Blender - we love our Cuisinart blenders. Meghan has the Compact Portable one (she loves the to-go blender cups and nut chopper).
- Amphipod water bottles - different sizes and easy to carry with you on a run or stick in a pocket. Stay hydrated!
by Meghan Reynolds and Jessica Green