Here are our top tips for optimal recovery the week after a Half-Marathon:
1) Take at least 2 days off from running and any strenous activity
2) Ice and then ice those muscles and joints some more (continue icing for as long as you feel sore)
3) Take a yoga or pilates class or go for a bike ride a few days after
4) Listen to your body - your recovery time will be different from others. Start running again when you feel ready! Make your first run back an easy, short run.
5) Get a massage! A massage will help repair and heal your muslces so you can get back out there.
6) Reward yourself and smile! You did it!