Meghan recently tried Diet To Go. Here is her review of her 3 days on their Traditional Meal Plan.
I have always dreamed of having a personal chef because I don’t cook. I don’t enjoy it nor do I have the patience. Last week, I tried Diet To Go, a food delivery service that specializes delivering healthy, tasty meals to your door. I choose the Traditional meal plan of 1200 calories (there are two calorie options: 1200 recommended for women or 1600 recommended for men). There are two other choices as well: Vegetarian and Low Carb. You can choose between 5 and 7 day plans that include all 3 meals per day, or just lunch and dinner. They ship weekly and the food is delivered in a cooler with freezer packs so the food stays fresh. There are different menus weekly, offering a nice variety of meals and they allow you to substitute in case you don’t like specific meals.
Overall, I enjoyed the meals and the plan. I liked how simple it was to heat them up. They recommended a microwave but since I don’t have one, I either used the stove or stove top. I continued to workout normally, thus, I added 2-3 snacks a day (almonds, grapefruit, banana handful of pretzels). Diet To Go offers suggestions for those people unsure of healthy snacks. The meals were extremely tasty and filling. They are so much better than the conventional frozen diet meals that you can buy in the store. Most of the meals I tried used whole, natural ingredients.
- Tasty, seasoned food.
- Filling (I couldn’t finish a few of the meals).
- Substitutions for food you don’t like or for food allergies (I did not like the Creole Shrimp Stew, I’d definitely swap that out).
- Option to order all 3 meals or just lunch and dinner (this is the option I’d choose next time).
- The shelf life of the meals is about a week, if kept at the proper temperature, or you can freeze them for up to a month.
- Heavy meals – I felt really full even when I didn’t finish all of the meal.
- A few meals were really smelly (the salmon was not a good idea for lunch – if I had been working in an office, I wouldn’t have been liked that day!)
- High sodium content.
I would definitely recommend this program to friends and clients who are looking for easy ways to have nutritious, easy and tasty meals. I will most likely do this program again because of its ease but I will definitely substitute meals.
Disclaimer: FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.